Wednesday, November 16, 2016

  Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day
         
                                       Image result for thanksgiving 2016   
Thanksgiving wasn’t celebrated by every state of america until 1863, when Abraham Lincoln proclaimed that thanksgiving should be celebrated each november. He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final thursday in November, and it was celebrated like that until 1939, when Franklin D. Roosevelt moved it a week up during the great depression.

                               Image result for happy thanksgiving 2016
Beginning in the mid-20th century and perhaps even earlier, the president of the United States has “pardoned” one or two Thanksgiving turkeys each year, sparing the birds from slaughter and sending them to a farm for retirement.

  1. Im thankful for having a family that cares for me
  2. Having good friends
  3. Having good grades
  4. Having teachers that care about me
  5. Being with my family
  6. Having everyone together
  7. Having a special day
  8. Trying my best
  9. Doing my work
  10. Having people care about me
  11. Having someone to care for
  12. Being on my best behavior

No comments:

Post a Comment